Friday, April 13, 2012

Negotiations in bathtime



As most of you probably know by now, the Bath is one of Jayden's favourite places to be. Every night without fail there is a massive struggle to get him out of the tub, which usually involves me bending down, trying to grab and wrap him in a thick towel all around so he doesnt catch a cold, all this while having to fight the thrashing, squirming, wriggling about not to mention the loud, loud screams and cries. Ah the cries. Did i mention my face/eardrums are about level with his in this struggle? Dont even get me started on avoiding the flailing punches he tries to throw at me (See my previous post). Aww cute?? Not.

Its taken me sometime, but I've finally figured the key to not breaking my back and him not catching hypothermia is... wait for it... for him to come willingly out himself!!! (pretty genius I know). So from last week I've come up with a multitude of bribes for him.

"Jayden!!! Do you want to see Aunty Becca's room and mess it up??" YAAAYYY!!"

"Jayden!! Time to get out!! Quick lets go watch the Wiggles on youtube!!"

"Jayden!! Don't you want to turn the lights on for mummy??"
(He's worked out that flipping the switch brings light and its the best thing since sliced bread, so this bribe is tops).

Each of these will result in him cocking his head, smiling and reaching his hands toward me.

Until last night.
Even after going through all 3 bribes (and many more), he cocked his head, took one look at his bath and then...

shook his head.

Suddenly it occurred to me.

He is 1 and half years. What the heck am i doing negotiating with a 1 year old?"

So I just picked him up and resigned myself to my fate.
SIGH. Back to the drawing board.

On another note, here's a quick update of Uni.
I have made it through first half of the term and we currently have holidays up till next week. Am happy with how I am going studywise, but am seeking to definately do better. Thank you to all of yous for all your prayers love and support!

5 comments:

  1. Yes, I hear that people of that age aren't the most diplomatic :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drain the water out, without water, who wants to be sitting there? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha he wont let me, starts kicking up a fuss!!! hey didnt realise you moved so fast, I hope the parcel got to you.

      Delete
  3. Hi deb, thanks for the gifts. We were surprised when we received them. Yes, we move in a flash, even the landlord was loss for words at our efficiency.

    Don't care, drain water out :P

    ReplyDelete